Well, beauty friends, it’s finally here: Our first-ever “YouTube Beauty Festival,” presented by YouTube Originals. Or, as we’re calling it, #BeautyFest. We can’t wait to have you join us on Friday, May 14 at 1 p.m. PT / 4 p.m. ET on YouTube.com/Fashion as we celebrate all things beauty.
#BeautyFest won’t just be about tips and tutorials (though we love those too!). We’ve brought together beauty creators, industry professionals and public figures to speak to today’s hottest trends, with a diverse mix of professional perspectives. They’ll enlighten all of us on a variety of industry-specific subjects — from incredibly insightful beauty, wellness and health tips to important conversations about amplifying diversity and equity across the beauty landscape.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Fireside Chat with Gwyenth Paltrow and Addison Rae: Uber 90s style icon Gwyenth Paltrow surprises Addison Rae with the ultimate 90s makeover! They’ll also be talking about social media, mental health, and beauty tips.
- Selena Gomez Surprise: We are inviting creator Melissa Alatorre to experience a full Rare Beauty makeover from celebrity makeup artist Hung Vanngo. But! What she doesn’t know is that Selena Gomez, founder and creator of Rare Beauty, is doing it.
- Beauty of Resilience with Patrick Starrr, Manny Mua, Liah Yoo and Desi Perkins: Some of the top beauty creators reflect on the state of the world over the last 12 months and the resilience of their beauty brands, consumers and fans.
- Skincare Routine with Pharrell Williams: Nailea Devora, Sylvia Gani and Asia Jackson sit down with GRAMMY-winning artist and Humanrace founder Pharrell Williams to chat about his flawless skincare routine.
- Haircut Challenge with Noah Beck and Jen Atkin: Celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin challenges Noah Beck to a haircutting challenge with two twins!
- Ask a Drag Queen with Bob the Drag Queen and Monét X Change: Drag queens DO know everything! We are inviting two of RuPaul’s Drag Race superstars Bob the Drag Queen and Monét X Change to answer commonly asked questions.
- Wild Gadgets with Emma Chamberlain: We sent the zaniest beauty gadgets we could find to Emma Chamberlain, and now we’re going to check out what she thought of them.
- The History of Beauty with YouTube’s very first beauty creator, Michelle Phan: The OG beauty creator reminisces on her 15 year YouTube journey, and the history of beauty on the platform.
- Black Beauty Founder Roundtable moderated by YouTube’s Head of Beauty Creators, Chanel Tyler: Chanel speaks to Amanda E. Johnson of Mented Cosmetics; Melissa Butler of The Lip Bar; Nancy Twine of Briogeo and Diarrha Ndiaye of Ami Cole, four founders of Black-owned beauty brands, exploring the past, present and equitable future of the beauty industry and their trailblazing entrepreneurial journeys.
- Getting Ready Together to #StopAsianHate with YouTube’s Partner Manager for Fashion & Beauty, Grace Guan, and more: Grace Guan sits down with Deepica Mutyala, Nabela Noor and Anna Akana — three creators from the AAPI community — for a frank and honest discussion about Asian identity in their lives and on YouTube.
- Channel Tour with Kevin Allocca and Bailey Sarian: Bailey’s channel took off when she found her niche: murder and makeup. Kevin sits down with Bailey to explore the insights on how and why her channel has thrived.
- Fireside Chat with Derek Blasberg, Miranda Kerr and Hyram: Miranda and Hyram come from different walks of life but they both found a sense of community and inspiration for their careers in the world of beauty.
- Pro Tips with beauty founders and CEOs: We asked founders of beauty brands to give us their greatest beauty tips!