Steps to Plex TV Link.
These steps are used to link your Big screen devices like Android TV, Smart Tv, and Apple TV, etc. As you know typing your password on such devices can a bit tricky. To save you from the hassle of typing your Password on such devices Plex and other services like YouTube use this 4-character link code method to connect your account.
- On your Big screen device Choose the Sign In Option on the screen.
- Now, You will be able to see a 4-character code on your TV screen. This is the code which we will use for sign in.
- Go to https://plex.tv/link on a computer of Smart phone. Put your Plex account details on this page and Login into it.
- Once you are logged in it will ask you the 4-character code. You can see this on your TV Screen. Enter the code and click the submit button.
- Once you are done with all 4 steps. Your Plex app on TV should refresh itself and will be linked to your account. This can take a few seconds.
Video Tutorial of Plex TV Link.
How to Set up Plex Media Server on Your Computer.
To access your media files saved on your computer device, you obviously first need to set up the Plex Media Server for the app to read and access your files on other devices. You need not worry, it is no rocket science and don’t let these words in believing you that it is going to be a tough job.
We have also written a guide on Openload Pair and how to sync it.
- First things first, you need to head on to Plex.tv and proceed to the Sign-up page (No Credit Cards required- WOOHOO), where you need to complete the required steps. Now you are ready to download the Plex Media Server Software.
- Navigate to plex.tv/media-server-downloads. Select the operating system based on what your system is based on. You need to install the Plex Media Server on the computer or any network-attached server (NAS) device where you are going to store your movies, shows images, music, videos, and other media files.
How to Set up Plex Application on other devices.
- You can download the mobile application from the Google Play Store or Amazon App store or the Apple App Store.
- The most important thing for you to do is to connect your Plex App to the relevant Plex account (The same account used in the Server).
If you are using devices that have the options of a typing interface, Plex provides you multiple options for signing in- Google, Facebook, Apple or the OG Email ID and password system.
But, if you have to log in to devices like a smart TV, you get the options to sign in using a 4-digit code, hence relieving you from typing long IDs and passwords all the time. As soon as you enter the code on your TV, the player would refresh itself, showing you the options available.
Why is it important to sign in to your Plex Account?
It is quite essential for any user to sign in to the Plex TV Link in order to enjoy the benefits. Without which you will be missing the following features-
- Plex App on devices such as Sony PlayStation, Xbox, SmartTVs will not work at all without a sign-in.
- Remote access to your home server is only possible when you are logged in.
- You can even enjoy the content that is shared by your friends and family from around the globe.
- If you have a Plex Pass Subscription, it is mandatory for you to log in to have the features.
How to install Plex TV on an Android TV
If you are already a fan of this wonderful service that is Plex TV Link, then you are up for another shockwave. As we know that it works on almost all available platforms, Plex works like a charm if you have a Smart TV that runs the Android system. The newer Android Smart TVs have native support for Plex but not all older versions provide support. You simply need to follow the steps given below and voila, you can now access all your media from the comfort of your couch at any time of the day.
- Open your Android TV menu and open the Google Play Store on it.
- Search for “Plex” in the search box, and install it on your Android TV.
- Open the Plex App, you would require to sign in using the methods discussed in the previous section.
Once you are done with the above steps on your Android TV, you should now have the access to all your desired files that are stored on your server-side.
Even if you do not own a TV that has Android running on it, most Smart TVs provide support to the Plex Application and you can download and run the app with a similar process as mentioned above. The main reason behind the success of Plex is its wide availability over multiple platforms and the ease of use over these platforms.
How to use Plex TV on unsupported Smart TVs
For those whose TV does not provide support in the above ways, you guys do not have to worry at all. Once a wise man said, where there is a will there’s always a way. So here is your way to savor the Plex TV Link at any time you want with your friends and family.
Streaming Sticks or Dongles will help you watch your favorite Romantic Flick with your partner or an Action Thriller with your gang. These devices have already begun to become a part of daily life for those people who do not have TV sets that have inbuilt casting capabilities. There are literally n-number of options in the market, but only a few rules the market, these include the likes of Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, and Roku Stick.
Set-Top Boxes can be another option for you that will allow you to connect to the Plex TV Link. Though Set-Top boxes are going to cost you a lot more than any of the above options, if you are looking to expand your media capabilities on your TV it won’t be a bad decision. Boxes like Apple TV and Roku both provide full functionality to the Plex application.
Where to find Plex Activation Code?
To get the Plex Activation Code, when the user will enter his Plex app, the user will enter his detail email and password, after that the user will be shown the activation code on the screen of his device, this is a digit code, this code is a one time use code this allows the user to activate Plex TV.
How to Activate Plex TV on your Smart TV?
- First and foremost, go to your smart TV Application store.
- Plex TV is a program that can be seen here.
- You will begin installing the application by clicking the download button.
- After the installation is complete, you must go to the app’s home page.
- You must now log-in with your Plex TV Account username and password.
- After logging in, you’ll see an activation code display on the phone.
- Step on and save this code for activation.
- Visit Plex.tv/link using your device’s web browser.
- Login to your Plex TV account once more if necessary.
- Fill in the activation code in the blank box on the phone.
- The reminder of the directions are finished after you click the ‘Continue’ tab.
- At the conclusion, a success message will be shown on the computer.
- After that, go to your TV and refresh the screen.
- All of the shows and movies are available to watch on your TV screen, as you can see.
How many devices can be linked with one Plex TV Account?
The Plex TV is for people who wish to use their local device data across various devices. Plex TV software allows users to connect many devices to a single account, allowing them to enjoy their favorite content on their preferred devices.
To access cross device data, they must first register or enable Plex on all of their devices. We’ll learn how many devices a person may connect to single Plex TV account and how to connect all of them.
One Plex TV account may connect to up to 15 devices. To view the application data, user’s must first register each device with Plex. If you attempt to register more than 15 devices, the system will notify you that you have reached the maximum device limit and that you must delete one device before adding another. So, if you don’t have Plex installed on your device, it’s a good idea to do.
How to Activate or link a device with the Plex Tv streaming application
The Plex TV app is accessible for practically all smart devices, and you may connect it using a connection code provided by that device. To Activate the Plex Tv app on your device, follow the steps below :
- You must first install Plex TV on the device on which you wish to watch it. Navigate to the device’s “application store” to do so. Then look for and install the Plex TV app.
- If you already have the app installed, skip this step and go to step 3.
- This step requires you to start the Plex TV application that has been installed on your device. Here you will see a login button, which you should click to Log-in.
- Use your Plex TV account credentials. A code will display on the screen when you Log-in, This code must be saved for further usage.
- Using a smart device’s web browser, go to plex.tv/link , This will take you to the Plex TV Login page. To go to the activation page, Enter your Login credentials here.
- The activation code must be triggered in this final stage, on the activation page, Type the activation code into the box provided on the screen, then click the proceed button.
- Plex TV material is now available to stream on your device.