Amazon Prime Video is a movie streaming service provided by Amazon. And it is one of Netflix’s major competitors in the global movie streaming field. And like Netflix and other movie streaming platforms (HBO, Hulu, etc.), Amazon Prime Video offers great TV shows and movies that users can watch on the go, on any device with an internet-connected display. How to watch Prime Video on a smart TV?
You can stream movies from Amazon Prime Video on your smart TV and other devices. Many smart TV brands, such as Samsung, LG, Hisense, and Sony, have the Amazon Prime Video app pre-installed by the manufacturer.
If you have a smart TV that doesn’t have the app pre-installed, simply download the app from your smart TV’s app store.
To access streaming services on your smart TV, you must first create an account and subscribe to one of its plans.
You can either gain access to Prime Video through an Amazon Prime membership for $139 (or £95 in the UK) a year or $14.99 (£8.99) a month. Or can pay $8.99 a month (£5.99) in the UK for just Prime Video access. New users can take advantage of his 30-day trial of Amazon Prime.
Here’s how to watch Prime Video on your smart TV.
Watch on a Smart TV
- Download the amazon prime app from smart TV’s app store.
- Once this is done, open the app on your smart TV.
- Tap “Sign in” to start watching. A code will appear on the screen.
- Next, open the Prime Video website on your laptop or desktop and then register your device by selecting Register on the Amazon website.
- Enter the code displayed on your smart TV in the Registration code section and tap Register Device.
How To Cast Prime Video to TV?
To use Google Chromecast with Prime Video, you need the latest version of the Prime Video app for iOS or Android.
Cast Prime Video to your TV using the following steps:
- Please turn on the TV. Make sure both your TV and your phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- From the Prime Video app, tap on the “Cast” icon.
- Select the Chromecast device you want to use. (Make sure your Chromecast device is up to date. Also, make sure your Prime Video app and iOS or Android device are up to date. If you’re using an Android device, make sure Google Play Services is also up to date. The Prime Video app on Fire tablets can’t connect to Chromecast.)
- Once connected, select a title that you want to watch. The title you have selected will be shown on the TV that the Chromecast is connected to.
Note: If you have a Chromecast with Google TV device (first released in 2020), in addition to the casting option, you can use your device’s remote control and the Prime Video app on that device.