Rakuten Viki or Viki is a prominent video streaming platform that provides consumers with premium content. It is thought to be the first platform of its sort to offer real-time subtitling and video sharing capabilities. While the app is compatible with all popular platforms such as Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV, in order to use it, you must first activate the Viki app. The steps below will walk you through the process of activating the app on Roku as well as other supported devices.
How To Sign Up for Rakuten Viki Account
You must have a Rakuten Viki account to use the Viki app on your Roku device. If you already have an account, you can begin the activation process immediately. If you don’t, sign up using the instructions below.
- Open your web browser and go to Viki official website at viki.com.
- Next click on Create Account to sign up with Rakuten Viki.
- Then choose the preferred options from your screen to create your account: Continue with Google / Facebook / Apple / Rakuten / Email.
- Now enter your name, email address, password, and date of birth (if requested) on the next screen.
- Then, if prompted, follow the remaining instructions in the message from Rakuten Viki.
- Your Rakuten Viki account will be created after successful verification.
Activate Rakuten Viki App on Roku
- Launch your Roku device and go to the home screen by pressing the ‘Home’ button on your Roku remote.
- Then navigate to the Streaming Channels area on the left.
- Tap the Search option on the Streaming Channels screen.
- In the search field, enter “VIKI” and begin the search process.
- Choose the Rakuten Viki app from the search results and hit the Add Channel option.
- Once the app is installed on your Roku device, tap the Go to Channel button to open it.
- Now, click on the Log In button and you will see an activation code on your screen.
- Once you’ve the code, navigate to the Viki activation page at viki.com/roku on a different device.
- Next Log in to your Viki account. Enter Email and Password associated with your Viki account and press Continue.
- Finally, enter the code and tap the Link Now button to complete the activation process.
- After successful activation, you may begin viewing your favorite show on your Roku device using the Viki app.
Activate Viki App on Apple TV
- Turn on your Apple TV and go to the App Store from the Home screen.
- Enter Viki in the App Store’s search field and confirm it.
- Choose the Viki app from the search results and press the Get button. Allow time for the app to be installed.
- Now, go back to the home screen and open the app.
- Next, click on the Log In button and you will see an activation code on your screen. Remember the code.
- On a different device like computer or phone, open any browser, and visit viki.com/appletv.
- Next Access your Viki account by hitting the Log in button. Enter the email address and password for your Viki account and click Continue.
- Finally, enter the code and press the Link Now button to finish the activation process.
Activate Viki on Android TV
- Turn on your Android TV and go to Google Play Store on your Android TV’s home screen.
- Now, look for the VIKI app in the Play Store.
- Next, select the app from the search result and click the Install button to download and install the app on your Android TV.
- After installing the app, Open it.
- From the welcome screen of the app, click the Log in button and you will an activation code right on your screen. Remember the code.
- Once you’ve the code, navigate to the Viki activation page at viki.com/androidtv on a different device.
- Next, click on Log in button, and then enter your sign-in credentials on the activation screen to access your Viki account.
- Once logged in enter the code and click the Link Now button.
- Once your code has been verified, you may return to your Android TV and begin streaming Viki app content.
Activate Viki App on Fire TV
You can also watch the Viki app content on your Fire TV. However, before you attempt to activate the Viki app on your Fire TV, check sure your device is up to date. The option to update your device can be found in the Settings section.
- Turn on your Fire TV, and from the home screen of your Fire TV, select the Find option.
- Tap the Search button under the Find section.
- On the next screen, type Viki into the search field using the on-screen keypad.
- Next, select the app from the search result and click the Get button to download and install the app on your Fire TV.
- After installation, press the Open button to launch the app on your Fire TV.
- Now, click the Log In button to see an activation code appear on your screen.
- Once you have the code, go to the Viki activation page on a different device at viki.com/firetv.
- Next Log in to access your Viki account. Enter the email address and password for your Viki account and click Continue.
- When you’re logged in, type the code into the prompted box and click the Link Now button. The content from the Viki app is now available on your Fire TV.
How to change the language of the Viki app on iOS and Android?
- On your smart device, go to Settings > General Management > Language.
- Then, select your favorite language.
- Then, hold down the language’s arrow icon and drag it to the top of the menu.
Download and install the Viki app right now to start watching on-demand premium content with your friends and family. We hope you find the information to activate Viki app on your devices useful.
Also Read: How To Activate HGTV on Your Smart Device