As one of the top global brands in banking and finance, Barclays Bank offers credit cards and other banking services to clients all over the world. In addition to offering its own credit cards, Barclays US offers a variety of services, such as credit cards with over 25 partner companies. Before using a Barclays credit card that you have applied for and been granted approval for, you must activate it. We’re going to look at how to activate a Barclays credit card here.
Every credit card operates in a manner that allows us to spend the money up to the allowed amount and then pay it back later. An individual’s purchasing power is increased, and it also helps them in emergency situations. When compared to other banks that offer comparable services, the Barclays Card is more secure.
How to Activate Barclaycard?
Using the Barclays app or website to activate your new card is the quickest and most convenient option.
- Use your smartphone to download and open the Barclays US Credit Card app, or go to our website’s activation page. (If you don’t already have it, get the Barclays app from Google Play or the Apple App Store.)
- If you have an existing online account – select “Existing Cardmember” and sign in with your username and password. Check your identification by filling out the necessary fields. You can use your card after it has been activated.
- If you haven’t set up online account access or are a new cardholder – choose “Activate my card now” and fill out the necessary information.
- After you click “Continue,” your new card will become active and functional right away.
How to Activate Barclays Credit Card on Website?
- To begin with, visit the Barclays Card activation page.
- There, you will need to enter your 16-digit card number, security code, last 4-digit social security number, and occupation.
- After that, click the Activate button.
- If you have an existing Barclays online account, use your username and password to log in and activate it.
Activate Barclays Credit Card on App
- Install the Barclays app from the App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device.
- Select the Activate Your Account option after opening the app.
- You must input the required information, including your card number, security code, social security number, and occupation, in order to activate your account online.
- Verify the information and select Activate to initiate the card.
How to Activate Barclays Credit Card by Phone?
In order to activate your Barclays Credit Card by phone, follow the steps below:
- Give 1-877-408-8866, the Barclays credit card activation number, a call.
- As instructed by the person on call, activate the card by entering your date of birth, occupation, card number, security code, and last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Also, you have the option to set the Custom PIN for your account or get the existing one on the registered mail ID.
- By doing this, you can activate the card.
Making a payment online or on your Barclays Credit Cards App
The safest and most dependable approach to guarantee that your credit card payment posts to your account on schedule is to make the payment online.
- Choose “Payments” from the main navigation menu after logging into your Barclays credit card account online or opening the Barclays app on your smartphone. (If you don’t already have it, get the Barclays app from Google Play or the Apple App Store.)
- Next, choose Make a Payment. You must first link an eligible checking or savings account in order to make payments, if you haven’t already. After choosing Add a bank account, fill out the account information. This is the only step you’ll need to complete.
- Select a payment amount from the list of choices. You have the option to pay the minimum amount owed, the entire sum on your statement, the amount on your current statement, or enter a different amount.
- To send your payment on the earliest day possible, enter a payment date or just choose pay now. (The deadline for same-day payments is 11:59 pm ET, or 7 pm ET if done on the day of your statement cycle. Payments made after that time will be dated the next day).
- You can have many payment accounts saved here. Choose one from your list of accessible bank accounts.
- To verify the specifics of your payment, select Review and Verify. Then, when you’re ready to send it, click Pay now to complete the transaction.
How to set up repeat payments
From the Payments menu, choose “Repeat Payments” and choose the date, amount, and payment account to be used for every automatic payment. Until you modify or remove them, your choices will stand.
Applying for a Barclays Card
To finish the procedure, kindly read the following:
- To be eligible for a card, you have to be at least eighteen years old.
- You have to be a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
- In order for your credit to be checked and approved, you must supply your personal information, which includes your Social Security number.
If you would want to apply for a Barclays card but have not received a pre-approval number, you can check your eligibility online by following the guidelines. To determine which of the cards will best meet your financial needs, you may also do some study. To learn more about the several credit alternatives that will fit your lifestyle, just visit www.Barclaysus.com.
The approval of your credit is a prerequisite before applying. After completing the account creation process and being accepted, you may log in to view the perks of your card from the Rewards & perks option. The rewards vary depending on the card. Some provide savings on flights, travel rewards, points toward qualifying purchases, and much more.